FAWDON COMMUNITY LIBRARY is wholly run by volunteers following closure of the former City Library service in Fawdon. We have recently moved int a larger room at the front entrance of Fawdon Community Centre, and have a wide selection of books and services, including free access to computers. We are just 2 minutes walk from Fawdon metro station and Fawdon Park shopping centre. Find us on Google Maps
- BEGINNER’S COMPUTER TRAINING COURSES
- WEDNESDAY 24 JULY FROM 2-4 P.M. – FULLY BOOKED
- WEDNESDAY 14 AUGUST FROM 2-4 P.M. – REGISTER NOW
- FAMILY HISTORY USER GROUP – NEXT SESSION WEDNESDAY 31 JULY FROM 2-4 P.M
A great opportunity to meet up with others with a similar interest, whilst seeking advice on digging up your ancestors!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED FOR OUR ‘POSITIVE PEOPLE, POSITIVE PLACES’ BID TO PILOT OUR HOME DELIVERY SERVICE – WE ARE THRILLED TO ANNOUNCE THAT OUR BID WAS SUCCESSFUL, AND WE AIM TO COMMENCE THE PILOT SCHEME DURING AUGUST 2019. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS SERVICE. CHECK OUT OUR video
Check out our FREE services:
- Book loans & reservations
- Basic one to one computer training sessions for beginners (Getting online including online security, accessing email and public services including Universal Credit)
- Family History for beginners – Trace your family tree
Printing & photocopying is available for a small charge to cover costs.
- Home delivery service for those who are unable to access library services – Register now if you are interested in this service.
- Addition of Office programs to basic computer training course (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
New members, young and old, will receive a warm welcome. NOT A MEMBER? Pop in to join – membership is free – check out our MEMBERSHIP page if you would like to become a member of Fawdon Community Library.
YOUR PRIVACY MATTERS
Fawdon Community Library (FCL) are committed to complying with the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which come into force on 25th May 2018. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely, and to understand how we use it to provide your library service.
(Click HERE to view our policy)
If you have any queries please email us or call in to see us.