FAWDON COMMUNITY LIBRARY has been wholly run by volunteers since 2015, and is located within Fawdon Community Centre, just 2 minutes walk from Fawdon Metro station. The centre also has a regular bus service (30) and has parking available, including disabled bays.
LIBRARY OPENING HOURS
- MONDAYS: 10 a.m – 5 p.m. (Closed for lunch 1-2 p.m)
- WEDNESDAYS: 10 a.m – 1 p.m
- THURSDAYS: 2 – 5 p.m.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2023 – Tuesday 6th June at 11 a.m. in the library
We are located at the front entrance of Fawdon Community Centre, and have a wide selection of books and services, including:
- BOOKS TO YOUR DOORSTEP – our home delivery service for those members of our community who are elderly or infirm, and unable to visit the library. Interested? Call us on 0191 2843254
- REFRESHMENTS available – sit a while in a comfy seat and enjoy tea or coffee & biscuits
- FAMILY HISTORY GROUP – meets monthly in the library on the last Tuesday of each month (2-3.30 p.m) to share hints and tips, access free genealogy software, to help each other explore your family’s past.
- COMPUTER ROOM FACILITIES with free access (City library membership card required)
- BASIC COMPUTER TRAINING SESSIONS for beginners (FREE) – just ask for details
- WATERCOLOURS FOR BEGINNERS – Join Ed and the group on the first Tuesday of each month from 2-4 p.m.
- JIGSAW CORNER A selection of jigsaws are available to members to borrow
- READING GROUP We now have a monthly Book Club, enabling interested members of our community who enjoy reading to explore different books, and meet each month to compare and discuss the content, over a cuppa in the warmth of the library
- STORY & ACTIVITY TIME FOR YOUNGSTERS – Join Ann & Moira at 11 a.m. on Wednesdays during school holidays for story time, followed by story related crafts
Annual General Meeting 2023
Members are invited to come along to our AGM on Tuesday 6th June, commencing at 11 a.m. The meeting will be followed by a presentation from David Faulkner entitled ‘Fawdon’s Chocolate Factory 1958-2023’. A light buffet and refreshments will be served around 12 noon.