We have joined up with Online Centres UK to provide FREE Basic Computer Training
Fawdon Community Library is a registered Online learning centre, offering one to one computer training sessions FREE OF CHARGE. Classes of only four or five learners, are held outside of library opening hours, enabling you to feel comfortable whilst learning new skills, at your own pace. Learners who successfully complete courses receive a certificate which is updated as further courses are completed. Upon completion of initial training, learners are invited to ‘drop in’ sessions (during library opening hours, knowing that support is at hand, if needed. (Pre-booking recommended)
- Learn basic computer skills at your own pace
- Access the internet, send an email
- Complete online application forms
- Only 4 – 5 learners each session with one to one support
- Each learner attends two sessions, totalling 4 hours, held on Wednesday afternoons, over two consecutive weeks, whilst the library is closed to the public
- Each session lasts two hours (from 1:30 p.m until 3:30 p.m.)
- Supported drop in sessions also available following initial training, as required, to help you further
INTERESTED? Pop in or phone us to register, or complete our online form below. Library membership is required (but is free and can be taken out at registration), no previous experience necessary and full one to one support will be provided.
You are never too old to learn says 94 year old Syd, our oldest learner!
Our volunteers take part in a staffing rota at the library and help in other ways too. If you would like to join us as a volunteer, check out the VOLUNTEERING section of this website.